Friday, November 13, 2009

Double Blessing in the Twin Cities



Our friend, Thom Berkowitz, turns 60 on the 24th of November. On that same day, Jennifer and I celebrate our 25th anniversary. And then...Thanksgiving!

And we have much for which to be thankful. In that spirit, Thom's wife, Marcia, along with their three lovely daughters, arranged for me to give a concert in Minneapolis. (I write this at their house, having just concluded the evening.)

We first met the Berkowitz' over two decades ago when I played and sang for a ministry called "Good News for Israel." Thom was one of their board members and he and Marcia drove us to the airport the next day.

I remember commenting to Jenny that I could see being friends with them. The next time we came to Minnesota, we stayed in their home...and stayed....and stayed!

We became close friends; watching their girls grow up, visiting numerous times, sharing life's joys and sorrows.

Seven years ago today, my father, Albert Goetz passed away. The sad loss of my dear Dad caused me to consider the preciousness and brevity of life and the treasure of friendship. An event like the one we just had here in Minneapolis is a reaffirmation of these enduring values.

"Good News for Israel" also participated in the concert. They continue to spread the good news of salvation through Yeshua HaMashiach, Jesus the Messiah, to the Jew first and also to the Gentile. (Romans 1: 16, 17)

A good time was had by all...and it wasn't even cold! Perfect picture weather!! Shalom!!!
Marty





1 comment: